Hi and welcome to my Blog, my name is Paul Riddle and I live in south Leicestershire, UK. Back in August 2007 my quest began to locate as many local Little Owl territories as possible. The driving force was a reported decline in the uk numbers so I thought I would do my bit and conduct a study in my area. After 7 years and countless hours out in the field I have detected over 200 different sites. With a thirst for a greater understanding of the owls a more comprehensive monitoring and nest box programme then commenced. This also now includes monitoring the local and very sparse population of Barn Owls, please pop back occasionally and catch up with the life and times of my owls and any other wildlife that I come across. I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Saturday 13 March 2010

A Day With The Enemy!

Today I was showing Derbyshire birder (and big Derby County supporter.....booooooo) Pete Whewell around a few of my owl sites.  Although the weather seemed to be perfect I struggled to show Pete any birds let alone get near enough for any decent images!! Anyway the day ended up ok in the end as I was able to show him half a dozen birds or so and I think he was happy with the images he managed.

After dropping Pete off I decided I would spend the afternoon (listening to city on the radio........winning again!) and checking out a couple of sites that we didn't get round to visiting in the morning. My luck was in as a pair of little owls showed really well at both sites.

.Site 22, Blaby - Whetstone Gorse Site B
This is the first image of a bird from this location that has graced my blog.
 
Site 32, Peatling magna - Sambury Farm

Site 32, Peatling magna - Sambury Farm

Site 32, Peatling magna - Sambury Farm

1 comment:

  1. Great set of images (as always!!), Paul. You're certainly keeping us on the edge of our seats, waiting for No.100!!!!

    ReplyDelete