Hi and welcome to my Blog, my name is Paul Riddle and I live in south Leicestershire, UK. Back in August 2007 my quest began to locate as many local Little Owl territories as possible. The driving force was a reported decline in the uk numbers so I thought I would do my bit and conduct a study in my area. After 7 years and countless hours out in the field I have detected over 200 different sites. With a thirst for a greater understanding of the owls a more comprehensive monitoring and nest box programme then commenced. This also now includes monitoring the local and very sparse population of Barn Owls, please pop back occasionally and catch up with the life and times of my owls and any other wildlife that I come across. I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Sunday 9 January 2011

Getting The Buzz!

Went out owling again this morning, my intentions were to get an image at my new Little Owl site No 144, although I did hear owls calling at this new site I never saw them.......... so I had to make do with these Waxwings I saw on the way home!

There were four individuals showing really well on and off, bloody buggers to get a good image of, either the light was in the wrong direction, the image was too messy (I.E. too many twigs in the way) or the back ground was too light! Anyhow, after taking dozens of images there was a few that "made the grade|" that luckily enough had a house in the background that offered a nice neutral background......




And a traditional Waxwing image showing a nice neutral sky.


Yep it was great to sit and watch these little beauties come and go and many thanks to the local residents for the allowed access of whom the berry tree is owned, but I didn't get the same buzz as if they were owls, maybe they could arrange that for next time!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment