Hi and welcome to my Blog, my name is Paul Riddle and I live in south Leicestershire, UK. Back in August 2007 my quest began to locate as many local Little Owl territories as possible. The driving force was a reported decline in the uk numbers so I thought I would do my bit and conduct a study in my area. After 7 years and countless hours out in the field I have detected over 200 different sites. With a thirst for a greater understanding of the owls a more comprehensive monitoring and nest box programme then commenced. This also now includes monitoring the local and very sparse population of Barn Owls, please pop back occasionally and catch up with the life and times of my owls and any other wildlife that I come across. I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Sunday 28 August 2011

Early Morning.

I managed to sneak out for a couple of hours this morning, I do have to make the most of any window of opportunity I get and today it meant getting up early and out (and back!) before the rest of the clan had even got out of bed!

I went over to see what has been going on at my site No 105 near to South Wigston, due to the remoteness of this location is its an absolute must that I go in the Landrover, something I haven't for a good few weeks now because I couldn't be bothered to tax it!

During the two hours on location only a single bird was seen, a very showy but all to distant juvenile. The light levels were just perfect and along with the defused backdrop it made for a couple of images I'm rather pleased with. 



There is obviously something in this early morning lark, not that I am prepared, or even capable of doing it on a regular basis though.......the beer the night before soon puts paid to thatt!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment