Hi and welcome to my Blog, my name is Paul Riddle and I live in south Leicestershire, UK. Back in August 2007 my quest began to locate as many local Little Owl territories as possible. The driving force was a reported decline in the uk numbers so I thought I would do my bit and conduct a study in my area. After 7 years and countless hours out in the field I have detected over 200 different sites. With a thirst for a greater understanding of the owls a more comprehensive monitoring and nest box programme then commenced. This also now includes monitoring the local and very sparse population of Barn Owls, please pop back occasionally and catch up with the life and times of my owls and any other wildlife that I come across. I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Saturday 22 October 2011

Minds Eye.

I've not been very productive over the last few days owl wise, too busy with work & family commitments to get out, but to be honest though when its as windy as it is a present its a waste of time anyway!

So as I haven't got any new owl photo's to upload or news of a new site to share, therefore I thought I'd upload this sketch of myself (below). It was done by my brother and took him only a couple of minutes to do. He is really gifted when it comes to just picking up a pencil and doodling, he just doesn't realise what a talent he has........what a waste! 

Now he ain't no birder and wouldn't know the difference between a Wren's wing and an Eagle's arse, but he has a conception in his minds eye of what us birders are like, or so he thinks?

Although not very flattering on my behalf  I still think it is brilliant and it really made me laugh!!!!! 


Oh I almost forgot, I did see just the one owl in the week, a snoozing bird sheltering out of the wind at my site No 149 near to the village of Walton.

3 comments: