Hi and welcome to my Blog, my name is Paul Riddle and I live in south Leicestershire, UK. Back in August 2007 my quest began to locate as many local Little Owl territories as possible. The driving force was a reported decline in the uk numbers so I thought I would do my bit and conduct a study in my area. After 7 years and countless hours out in the field I have detected over 200 different sites. With a thirst for a greater understanding of the owls a more comprehensive monitoring and nest box programme then commenced. This also now includes monitoring the local and very sparse population of Barn Owls, please pop back occasionally and catch up with the life and times of my owls and any other wildlife that I come across. I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Friday 13 January 2012

Not fast enough!

Another brief drop in to see the seo's, plenty of activity in the fading light, nothing special or different captured apart from maybe this distant action  shot of a couple of the owls in a midair pursuit. The leading bird (on the left) had just captured a vole that can just about be seen in its talons. The trailing bird did all it could to steal the free meal, a magical spectacle to witness as they twisted and turned at high speed just feet above the ground, but it all proved fruitless for the chaser, it was too slow!!    

1 comment:

  1. Great stuff, Paul!! I don't think that I've managed two SEOs in one image yet.

    ReplyDelete