Hi and welcome to my Blog, my name is Paul Riddle and I live in south Leicestershire, UK. Back in August 2007 my quest began to locate as many local Little Owl territories as possible. The driving force was a reported decline in the uk numbers so I thought I would do my bit and conduct a study in my area. After 7 years and countless hours out in the field I have detected over 200 different sites. With a thirst for a greater understanding of the owls a more comprehensive monitoring and nest box programme then commenced. This also now includes monitoring the local and very sparse population of Barn Owls, please pop back occasionally and catch up with the life and times of my owls and any other wildlife that I come across. I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Wednesday 18 July 2012

Italy


Sorry folks for the lack of updates recently, I have a very good excuse too!
Last Thursday night it was off to Bologna in Italy for a long weekend, the reason? To be guests at a gig being performed by the rock band Kasabian!!!!

One of the party, Tom (second from right on the back row) was celebrating his 60th birthday and as he is the father of the lead singer of the band it was  VIP treatment all the way, yours truly is in the black shirt.


Norman was the only omision from our party in the image above so here he is (pink shirt and all) with Tom (junior) the lead singer back stage before the gig.

The black poster on the wall behind Norman was a one off made for the gig, I was lucky enough to "aquire" it for my daughter before we left (she's a massive Kasabian fan) and all the band members signed it too! The ten of us had a blast, good company, superb weather, a brilliant gig and of course.......loads of beer!!
Back to owls soon..................

1 comment: