Hi and welcome to my Blog, my name is Paul Riddle and I live in south Leicestershire, UK. Back in August 2007 my quest began to locate as many local Little Owl territories as possible. The driving force was a reported decline in the uk numbers so I thought I would do my bit and conduct a study in my area. After 7 years and countless hours out in the field I have detected over 200 different sites. With a thirst for a greater understanding of the owls a more comprehensive monitoring and nest box programme then commenced. This also now includes monitoring the local and very sparse population of Barn Owls, please pop back occasionally and catch up with the life and times of my owls and any other wildlife that I come across. I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Friday 7 March 2014

Two for the price of one!

On more occasions than I care to remember I have come away from a particular location (usually an owl site) after investing many hours without even a sighting let alone any images. I thought that was going to be the case again on my most recent excursion out, I went and set up near to a new Tawny Owl site that was first located only last week. My time in wait was exactly 2 hours 57 minutes but I was well rewarded when the action finally happened, not one but two Tawny Owls showed in the crevice. 


I am well chuffed with this latest contribution to my Tawny Owl portfolio, not very often you get to see two together! It won't be long before these guys get down to the business of breeding, I do hope they use this particular location as it is very quiet and off the beat and track which will make the viewing superb.

7 comments:

  1. Well found Paul,a great opening image of many to come, that's for sure.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant and well worth the wait I almost didn't spot the second bird tucked away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I nearly didn't see it either Doug, cheers!

      Delete
  3. That's a beautiful image, Paul. Well done, and best wishes for the future with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful image. Your patience and dedication really pays off :)

    ReplyDelete