Hi and welcome to my Blog, my name is Paul Riddle and I live in south Leicestershire, UK. Back in August 2007 my quest began to locate as many local Little Owl territories as possible. The driving force was a reported decline in the uk numbers so I thought I would do my bit and conduct a study in my area. After 7 years and countless hours out in the field I have detected over 200 different sites. With a thirst for a greater understanding of the owls a more comprehensive monitoring and nest box programme then commenced. This also now includes monitoring the local and very sparse population of Barn Owls, please pop back occasionally and catch up with the life and times of my owls and any other wildlife that I come across. I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Sunday 23 May 2010

Flighty Owls.

Went out reasonably early today to make the most of the sunlight being in the right location for some hopeful owls in flight shots at a private local site. Although the resident owls were out and mobile they were a fair way off. Having said that I still struggled to really nail that pin sharp image that I so desire, well one with a head that could be seen anyway, I am becoming quite an expert of "back end" flight shots!!!


Nice even light, nice background, nicely in focus........no head!!!

Great light, nice solid background, nice and sharp......no head!

Nice light, messy background, slightly out of focus but an owl with a head!

Still not what I am looking for but the best of a pretty average bunch.

I think I should stick to static owls for the time being? Here are a few that I was particularly pleased with.

 Having a good old scratch. 

Watching the overhead Buzzard.

A posing pair.

And finally something else from the day..........Brown Hare.

No comments:

Post a Comment