Hi and welcome to my Blog, my name is Paul Riddle and I live in south Leicestershire, UK. Back in August 2007 my quest began to locate as many local Little Owl territories as possible. The driving force was a reported decline in the uk numbers so I thought I would do my bit and conduct a study in my area. After 7 years and countless hours out in the field I have detected over 200 different sites. With a thirst for a greater understanding of the owls a more comprehensive monitoring and nest box programme then commenced. This also now includes monitoring the local and very sparse population of Barn Owls, please pop back occasionally and catch up with the life and times of my owls and any other wildlife that I come across. I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Monday 6 December 2010

Pitt Stop.

Yesterday I located a new Little Owl site (No 137), unfortunately at the time I didn't have the proper lens with me to capture any decent images, but as luck would have it work took me out today in the same direction as the new site, well only a very slight detour!

As I pulled up in the adjacent layby to the nest tree I spotted that the bird was again out, and in good light too. Without even getting out of the car I managed a few distant images of the owl as it hopped from branch to branch and in and out a couple of holes.





During the 10 minutes I was there only the one bird was seen, but as work brings me out in this direction on a regular basis I will make a point of making a pit stop again, you never know the next time he may have his mate with him?

1 comment:

  1. 137? Wow Rid I'm totally impressed with your hard work and dedication.

    ReplyDelete