Hi and welcome to my Blog, my name is Paul Riddle and I live in south Leicestershire, UK. Back in August 2007 my quest began to locate as many local Little Owl territories as possible. The driving force was a reported decline in the uk numbers so I thought I would do my bit and conduct a study in my area. After 7 years and countless hours out in the field I have detected over 200 different sites. With a thirst for a greater understanding of the owls a more comprehensive monitoring and nest box programme then commenced. This also now includes monitoring the local and very sparse population of Barn Owls, please pop back occasionally and catch up with the life and times of my owls and any other wildlife that I come across. I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Tuesday 29 November 2011

Brighter times!

Today I took my last day off work for this year, it was booked a week or so ago and it was a bit of a gamble on what the weather would be like? I lost the gamble badly as it has been bloody atrocious here in Leicestershire........all day!

High winds and driving rain made it a total no no for going out, so I have made the most of a bad thing and spent some time organising my owl images from yesterday, these didn't make the first cut as I thought they were sub standard but seeing as I don't have any other new images to post they will have to do.

So in keeping with the theme "Little Owls" here are a few more images that were taken only 24 hours ago, when the weather was far more forgiving!




5 comments:

  1. Definitely not sub standard, cracking images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb Paul, I would be well chuffed to get these.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're OK shots, nothing wrong with them, now! You'll be wearing sackcloth & ashes if you think that way! Seasons greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beauties as per Paul.

    I came across this Spanish photographer's blog and thought you might be interested http://mariocea-fotofauna.blogspot.com/2011/09/el-ano-del-mochuelo.html

    Enjoy!

    Christian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks all for your comments, Christian thanks for the link, absolutely awesome images aren't they, they have raised the bar for us all, by a few miles!!!!

    ReplyDelete