Hi and welcome to my Blog, my name is Paul Riddle and I live in south Leicestershire, UK. Back in August 2007 my quest began to locate as many local Little Owl territories as possible. The driving force was a reported decline in the uk numbers so I thought I would do my bit and conduct a study in my area. After 7 years and countless hours out in the field I have detected over 200 different sites. With a thirst for a greater understanding of the owls a more comprehensive monitoring and nest box programme then commenced. This also now includes monitoring the local and very sparse population of Barn Owls, please pop back occasionally and catch up with the life and times of my owls and any other wildlife that I come across. I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Sunday 22 August 2010

Now on 113 sites........for 10 minutes!

Just got back from the Birdfair, and my Little Owl tally has moved on to 114 (capitalisation again John H, I took note and remembered!!). A couple of new sites near to Carlton Curlieu were added to my list on the drive back, many thanks to the couple who visited the stand on Saturday who gave me the info on the probable sites ........you were dead right. No photos to add (no camera) but they will follow sometime in the week, nothing much more to add so I am now going to go and attack a curry and a few pints, at my age and with my growing waistline maybe I should reconsider and go for salad and a low cal lager, mmmmmmmmmm I don't think so!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Great stuff Paul! What a great display you had at Birdfair!!! Good to see you there. O did a turn of duty there yesterday and picked up my 14th LO site 10 minutes from home on the way there. Tawny and Barny on the way home too. LO images to appear on my blog later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish BBC Wildlife Magazine and the RSPB Birds Magazine would take note and capitalize! Buggers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwwww what the hell

    ReplyDelete