Hi and welcome to my Blog, my name is Paul Riddle and I live in south Leicestershire, UK. Back in August 2007 my quest began to locate as many local Little Owl territories as possible. The driving force was a reported decline in the uk numbers so I thought I would do my bit and conduct a study in my area. After 7 years and countless hours out in the field I have detected over 200 different sites. With a thirst for a greater understanding of the owls a more comprehensive monitoring and nest box programme then commenced. This also now includes monitoring the local and very sparse population of Barn Owls, please pop back occasionally and catch up with the life and times of my owls and any other wildlife that I come across. I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Wednesday 11 August 2010

Preparing for the Birdfair!

This years Birdfair at Rutland Water, promises to be the biggest and best yet, and this years show will have just a little bit of "owls about that then" on display on one of the stands!

LROS (Leicestershire & Rutland Ornithological Society) have a stand every year promoting the whys and wherefores of the society, any work undertaken and anything of note that has happened during the year. It appears that every year they have a "theme" of which the stand is based around, and this year I am very pleased to announce, it will be my owl survey. There will hopefully be plenty of details on how the survey began, how it is progressing and what has been understood so far along with a selection of owl pictures that should complement the story so far.

So if you are thinking of going please stop by to say hello to the LROS people, Marquee 2, Stand No.37 and have a chat (they won't bite!!!) and if you so which why not even take the opportunity to enroll and help boost the membership and help to continue their good work.

Hope to see you there?????????

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to seeing you there on Friday, Paul. All the best!!

    ReplyDelete