Hi and welcome to my Blog, my name is Paul Riddle and I live in south Leicestershire, UK. Back in August 2007 my quest began to locate as many local Little Owl territories as possible. The driving force was a reported decline in the uk numbers so I thought I would do my bit and conduct a study in my area. After 7 years and countless hours out in the field I have detected over 200 different sites. With a thirst for a greater understanding of the owls a more comprehensive monitoring and nest box programme then commenced. This also now includes monitoring the local and very sparse population of Barn Owls, please pop back occasionally and catch up with the life and times of my owls and any other wildlife that I come across. I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Getting Repetitive.

I'm still going through the couple of hundred SEO images from last weekend, during the shoot the sun was very low in the sky and offered a brilliant "golden glow" to my images. But at the same time it also caused some very harsh shadows, which to be fair has made vetting the images a little easier as they have all been trashed! This has still left me with well over a hundred "usable" images but the problem is they are all very similar and uploading something a bit different is not easy.

I know the cropping/composition isn't the best but I'm limited to portrait style images only in the larger format on this blog.

So apologies if this latest batch seem to be a bit repetitive, I'll try harder for something a bit different next time......







7 comments:

  1. I defy anyone to grow tired of seeing these images, however similar. They are all similarly superb. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christian, you are insperation all on your own, thanks mate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outstanding photos! Amazing bird!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is certainly no need to apologise, it's always a pleasure to see fantastic photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your comments, better to come when I get donated a canon lens!!!!!

    ReplyDelete