Hi and welcome to my Blog, my name is Paul Riddle and I live in south Leicestershire, UK. Back in August 2007 my quest began to locate as many local Little Owl territories as possible. The driving force was a reported decline in the uk numbers so I thought I would do my bit and conduct a study in my area. After 7 years and countless hours out in the field I have detected over 200 different sites. With a thirst for a greater understanding of the owls a more comprehensive monitoring and nest box programme then commenced. This also now includes monitoring the local and very sparse population of Barn Owls, please pop back occasionally and catch up with the life and times of my owls and any other wildlife that I come across. I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Tuesday 6 December 2011

Tempted Back!

Recently I said that I was going to get back to concentrating on my Little Owls after spending far too much time with the Short Eared Owls..........well I lied!!!!! I Just couldn't resist another visit and finally I was blessed with great views and glorious golden light. 

In total I managed 225 images, I'm still working my way through processing them all but below are a few that I've done so far, oh and the new header. I think they have come out pretty well and I'm really pleased with the outcome.
Hope you agree?






All that is needed now to get some really pin sharpe images is a new Canon 500mm F4 lens to replace my old Sigma, so if anyone out there would like to donate one........I'm ya man!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Very special images Paul.
    The Canon lens is on my wish list to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are absolutely great Paul, I absolutely LOVE the first one, the bird in that stunning hunting pose. Brilliant and I'm looking forward to the rest of your shoot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous images Paul, I can almost watch it fall onto it's prey in the 1st shot! I'd love to help you with a donation of a 500 f4 but I think I'll hang onto it for a bit longer...:) It certainly is a fabulous lens (to much $$) but a fabulous lens.

    ReplyDelete