Hi and welcome to my Blog, my name is Paul Riddle and I live in south Leicestershire, UK. Back in August 2007 my quest began to locate as many local Little Owl territories as possible. The driving force was a reported decline in the uk numbers so I thought I would do my bit and conduct a study in my area. After 7 years and countless hours out in the field I have detected over 200 different sites. With a thirst for a greater understanding of the owls a more comprehensive monitoring and nest box programme then commenced. This also now includes monitoring the local and very sparse population of Barn Owls, please pop back occasionally and catch up with the life and times of my owls and any other wildlife that I come across. I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Sunday 18 December 2011

Snow good!

This morning when I opened the curtains I was met with a light ground covering of snow, oh goodie! I'd been hoping for this for a while and it ment I could go and get some wintery images of some of the local owls.

I opted to visit my very reliable Little Owl site No 105 near to South Wigston, as usual a brief wait and the male owl emerged from its cozy nest hole, trouble was by the time I eventually arrived on site the snow had all but melted, dooohhh!






The light was pretty good most of the time which enabled me to get some nice images, but they are not what I was after.........not a snow flake in sight!

5 comments:

  1. Nice to see the little fellows back and nice images mate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep! It's good to see the little ones again. Stunning images Paul!! Must do something about the LOs myself, as I've only seen one this month!

    ReplyDelete