Hi and welcome to my Blog, my name is Paul Riddle and I live in south Leicestershire, UK. Back in August 2007 my quest began to locate as many local Little Owl territories as possible. The driving force was a reported decline in the uk numbers so I thought I would do my bit and conduct a study in my area. After 7 years and countless hours out in the field I have detected over 200 different sites. With a thirst for a greater understanding of the owls a more comprehensive monitoring and nest box programme then commenced. This also now includes monitoring the local and very sparse population of Barn Owls, please pop back occasionally and catch up with the life and times of my owls and any other wildlife that I come across. I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Sunday 11 April 2010

Rear Enders

As regular readers of this blog are aware I have been trying desperately to get some flight shots of little owls, today the light levels were perfect for the fast shutter speeds required to nail the required image. All I needed now was the owls to show and to play their part to help me achieve my desired results, sounds easy hey?

Well I had two opportunities toady where the owls in question were in a suitable pose and it was now all down to me to have my setting on the camera correct and to expose the image at just the right time, easy hey? Well easy if the owl played its part and flew either across me or towards me......not away from me!!! 

Opportunity No 1, wrong way Mr owl!!!

Site 101, Whetstone Golf Club

Excuse me Mr owl wrong way again!!!

Site 37, Countesthorpe - Rose Farm Site A

One day please god I'm gunna nail that dam image!!!!

1 comment:

  1. The wrong side round mate, still, they are good photographs.

    ReplyDelete