Hi and welcome to my Blog, my name is Paul Riddle and I live in south Leicestershire, UK. Back in August 2007 my quest began to locate as many local Little Owl territories as possible. The driving force was a reported decline in the uk numbers so I thought I would do my bit and conduct a study in my area. After 7 years and countless hours out in the field I have detected over 200 different sites. With a thirst for a greater understanding of the owls a more comprehensive monitoring and nest box programme then commenced. This also now includes monitoring the local and very sparse population of Barn Owls, please pop back occasionally and catch up with the life and times of my owls and any other wildlife that I come across. I hope you enjoy your visit!!!

Sunday 3 October 2010

More Boring Facts.

Its still raining and I am still bored, so here are some more nearly worthless statistics from my owl files. This graph shows by month every new site I have located since it all began back in August 2008.

1st sighting graph, double click for larger image.


What is apparent (and I wasn't aware of it until now) is the fact that I have located at least one new site every month for the last 26 consecutive months, not bad hey? If this bloody poor weather continues for October I think my streak could soon come to a premature end!!!

5 comments:

  1. If you can't get down to the pub to relieve your boredom, may I suggest you switch on the telly and watch the highlights of Wigan thrashing St Helens - hurry its on at 5.15

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi David, I'm a union man myself but I did catch some of the match yesterday, I take it you are a Wigan man as I detect a sense of smugness in your comment? If so well done, they played surperbly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul if I were a stick of rock it would have Wigan running through it, cheers keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would rather watch Chelsea any day of the week. I just cant get into Rugby:) Nice chart Paul, keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete